Saturday, March 31, 2012

Update: 365 Movie Challenge

Believe me when I say that fat pandas make me cry. 
It has been almost two weeks since I've updated my 365 Movie Challenge. So far, the good films outweigh the blah ones, so I guess that's a good sign. I've been meaning to review some tv shows that I recently watched because come to think of it, when I don't watch movies, I watch tv shows. Oh, and don't they look adorable? The pandas, I mean. :)

My progress thus far:


57. Taken
     - I ought to be shot for watching this only now. I am deeply sorry Liam Neeson for not watching every single movie of yours. I swear from now on, I will. I don't even know how Liam manages to kick ass now that he's getting old.

58. Boogie Nights
     
- Two words. Mark Wahlberg. Forget the always awesome Don Cheadle. Forget Julian Moore's raw sexuality coupled with her amazing talent. Forget that Burt freaking Reynolds was there. Why? Because it's all about Mark Wahlberg. This is where he proves the world that he's not some jackass of a rapper, but a genuine actor.

59. Green Mile
     - I've seen some films based on Stephen King's novels--notably the movie "It" because it scared the life out of me--but damn this movie. This movie had me bawling like a banshee. I warned you.

60. No Country for Old Men
     - There are a lot of European actors who are always the antagonists in Hollywood films. That's because they are good at it. Javier Bardem is very effective. He reminded me of Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight. He would've been a capable Joker.

61. Bridget Jones' Diary
     - I was just curious why people said that Renee Zellweger looked much better in this movie. Now I know why and I agree with them. She looks like a real woman and much prettier, even. And I confess, I don't get Hugh Grant's charm. I just don't.

62. The Hunger Games
     - see blog post. :)

63. Confessions of a Dangerous Mind
     - Sam Rockwell and Drew Barrymore. I didn't see the chemistry. Then again, it's not a love story. Good movie and actors, as well. Forgettable, though.

64. Virgin Suicides
     - I wanna rant about this movie. So, see future blog post.

65. Les Poupees Russes (Russian Dolls)
     - Just friends reunited after getting together in Barcelona. It has an indie feel to it, but not really that substantial and relevant. For me, at least.

66. Nang Nak
     - Believe me when I say that Thai horror movies are the best. They make the characters so real you would think it could happen to you. The twists in the plot deserve to be called twists. Their horror movies ought to be their main export.

67. The Orphanage
     - Loved it. See future blog post. :)

298 movies to go. Einmal ist keinmal. 

2 comments:

  1. So this is what you were doing while all the crey shit was happening for us to regret last saturday. hahahahahahaha. Still so bitter right now. :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't aware on the awesomeness happening back then! Regrets, regrets, regrets. >:| :))

      Delete