Saturday, March 17, 2012

Update: 365 Movie Challenge

Just because I love South Park, that's why. 

I swear that there will be a weekend wherein I just stay in my room and watch shitload of movies, order take out and not come out until I reach my 80th movie. It has come to my attention that I can't watch one movie a day so I'll do my watching during the weekends or whenever I'm free. Sounds like a plan, yes?

Until that plan comes into fruition, here's my progress so far:




50. The Adventures of Tintin
      - Great cinematography, but I did not find it engaging or inspirational.

51. The Basketball Diaries
      - Leonardo DiCaprio being an actor's actor, as usual. However, I say that Mark Wahlberg steals the spotlight. I've never been impressed by his acting chops and charisma until this movie. (I just remembered, I loved him in The Other Guys as well.)

52. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
      - You know the feeling when you try to love something just because everyone does but just can't get to? This is the way I feel about this movie. Sure, it's about the horrors of 9/11 and how it greatly affected many people, but I just can't connect with the boy.

53. This Means War
     - Pathetic excuse to see Tom Hardy and Chris Pine, of course. Stupid, but cute.

54. Good Will Hunting
     - Ah, it's like seeing A Beautiful Mind with one of my favorite actors, Matt Damon. He and Ben Affleck does deserve props for this original screenplay.

55. 50/50
     - I have too much to say regarding this movie. So.. see future blog post, I guess? :)

56. The Rules of Attraction
     - Based on a novel by Bret Easton Ellis, the author of American Psycho. Turns out, the guy from Rules is supposedly Partick Bateman's younger brother. Not as awesome (and sick) as his older brother, I must say.

Although I have added some 'remarks' on few other movies, it doesn't mean I won't make a blog post about it. I may post some later. Much, much later. :) 309 movies to go. 

I will be watching Hunger Games this Thursday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment