Monday, March 19, 2012

Fan Craze Mode: The Dark Knight Rises

Gotham City may not need him anymore. 

Honestly, I have never read one of the Batman comic books and I swear that I will, but I assure you that I've watched almost all of the movies (never bothered watching Adam West's version) and I've loved the films, especially the Bale-era. It's not a question that Christian Bale as the Dark Knight easily makes me whimper more that Clooney-the-nipple, Keaton-the-obviously-anorexic-Wayne and the almost-awesome-Batman-Kilmer. With the astounding success of the Nolan directed Batman films, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, it's not a surprise that the producers want to revel in the success more. So, it is only logical--for both producers and fans--to have a third and final film.  And now one of the most anticipated movies this year, The Dark Knight Rises! I try not to use a lot of exclamation points to show my excitement. I'm awesome like that.



But seriously, I hate waiting for this movie to come out. I hate speculating what the big plot Christopher "the God" Nolan has made for the final installation of the Batman franchise. I hate knowing that the movie will be infinitely more awesome than I imagine it to be. I hate the cast because really, who loves Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine? I hate it that Tom Hardy will be Bane and that I know that he will absolutely nail it. I hate Marion Cotillard and Anne Hathaway because they're so perfect and talented that it makes me sick. Most of all, I hate Christian Bale for being the most ass-kicking, poignant and ass-kicking (again, once is not enough) Batman ever. Some pictures while I die of excitement:

Tom Hardy as Bane. 
Anne Hathaway as Catwoman.
God as Lucius Fox. Or Lucius Fox as God. Whatever.

Allow me to share my speculations/expectations. First, it is known that the third sequel of an awesome franchise has some major bad luck going on. For instance, Spider-Man and The Godfather Trilogy. However, I have absolute faith in Nolan that he will continue satisfying  and will definitely not disappoint fans around the world. Second, these kinds of movies have a pattern. The first movie would be the hero's acceptance of his superhuman powers. The second would be where he proves his worth as a superhero. The third one should NOT continue the plot of the second movie, but should have a resolution on the problem. I'm now talking about the Batman movies in particular. It would be much, much awesome if in the end, Bruce Wayne would just be Bruce Wayne and not Batman. There is only so much a vigilante can do and to continue being one is not an option. I don't know how Nolan would do it, but it would just be great to see an end to the superhero's existence. Lastly, if my expectation would not be shown in the movie, I still trust that whatever is shown would be acceptable and still perfect, as always. Remnants of my excitement:

I can't even.. *tears*
So I guess I'll see you fans out there on July 20th! Cheerios. 

No comments:

Post a Comment