Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Inglourious Basterds: Who is your favorite character?

Inglorious Basterds is one of my favorite films and up until now, I still think that it should have won the Best Picture in the Academy Awards (two years ago, actually). However, I didn't post this to cry over spilled milk. Besides, we have a new set of movies nominated for this year's Oscars and I'm definitely posting something about that. I just love this film so much that I decided to post who my favorite character is.

Sgt. Hugo Stiglitz, that's who. Portrayed by Til Schweiger who is a household name in his native Germany, Stiglitz is one of the most interesting character in Inglorious Basterds (Quentin Tarantino's best film, in my opinion). Aside from the fact that this man is oh so beautiful, his portrayal of Stiglitz was the right amount of badass and mystery. I know that Christoph Waltz's Oscar-winning role of Col. Hans Landa perfectly owned the film that I barely even remembered Brad Pitt's presence, but I feel that Stiglitz should have been elaborated. We only know bits and pieces of his past and even fewer information about the time when he was captured (just before the "Basterd" recruited him). Yes, his obscurity onlu adds to his character, but really, I just wanted to see more of him and less Brad Pitt. Biased much? Oh but who cares? Til Schweiger is fine, period.

Favorite line: "Say auf wiedersehen to your Nazi balls."

No comments:

Post a Comment