Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Fan Craze Mode: The Hunger Games

Here's one movie that I absolutely cannot wait to see. Maybe because I've read the books. Maybe because Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen is so perfect that I can't think of anyone who could fill her place. Maybe because I have faith in Josh Hutcherson's acting abilities (see: Little Manhattan). Or maybe I just want a really good movie that goes beyond the boundaries of genres. Whatever the reason is, the mere mention of THG drives me up the freaking wall. In a good way.

After Lionsgate released their first teaser trailer, the amount of internet buzz it has garnered bordered on insane. And I am one of those crazy fans that tweeted, searched and commented on every goddamn THG page that we could find. There has been issues (petty, I'm sure) raised that this movie will be similar to the Twilight Saga. Well, those who speculated that clearly did not read the books or even see the trailer, at the very least. The only similarity between these two franchises I can think of is the love triangle. Both main characters (Katniss and Bella) have the who-should-I-choose-I'm-so-torn love sick problem. Other than that, they could not have been more different. I don't have to go into a list of detailed differences, watching it would be so much better. :)

Some things I'm excited about:

How they are gonna portray the Capitol. Actually, we see a glimpse of how it's gonna be, but I'm still psyched with what the people would look like. 

Wes Bentley as Seneca Crane. I haven't seen him since American Beauty and he was great in there (aside from Kevin Spacey, of course). 

The chemistry of Jennifer and Josh as Katniss and Peeta.  More of Jennifer, actually. I wanna see if she could embody Katniss' flawed character, her will to live and her plain badass-ness. 

Vanity Fair's cast photo to hopefully excite you more:
See you in the cinemas on March 23rd. ;) Cheerios!

No comments:

Post a Comment