Monday, July 8, 2013

STOP AND STARE: Amy Adams

Not shown in photo: red hair. 

I never really thought of Amy Adams as the hot one. Maybe that's because she always exudes elegance and a general wholesomeness. Blame it on most of her movies wherein she usually portrays a naive sweetheart. Case in point: Junebug (this is where I first saw her), Catch Me If You Can and her all-time chick flick, Enchanted.

I mean, look at how ridiculously wholesome she looks. 
I am definitely not complaining on her choice of roles since all of it fits her like a glove. In fact, she has four Oscar nominations already. That is no small feat for an actor and I think she is one of the best there is. However, I always wanted to see her wild side, or just the less tame one. Then I saw Doubt. She was a nun in that movie. I undoubtedly loved that movie, but not exactly wild. Then I watched The Fighter. After that, I have never doubted her talent and beauty.

No doubt.


Taking a cue from Ms. Maryann Johanson, my favorite movie critic, I will post some actors and actresses worth gazing and admiring at. A person should be seen and liked because of his/her character and all that inner beauty thing, but you see, we like to look and by god, we love to admire. Let's not a make a big deal out of this and enjoy the moment wherein we stop, stare and sigh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment